Healthy Eating courtesy of The Butcher's Block
Irish people have become a lot more conscious of what they are consuming. At The Butcher’s Block we think it is an incredibly positive thing that as a nation we have become more aware of the foods we eat in order to maintain healthier lifestyle. That’s why we stock a range of lean meats which will compliment your nutritional needs perfectly.
Whether you are an athlete, a regular gym goer, simply trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy lifestyle, or if you are conscious about the foods you feed your family, The Butcher’s Block has you covered.
The Butcher’s Block Healthy Eating Tips
- Don’t diet! Diets fail because they put you into a mindset of restriction; you crave what you are not allowing yourself to have. Instead allow yourself some treats in moderation and maintain healthy nutrition the rest of the time.
- Experiment with your ingredients. In all of our stores we offer a range of delicious and nutritious sauces to try with a variety of lean meats.
- Drink your water! It’s widely recommended that you drink 2 litres a day, more if you are training in the gym or playing sports.
- Protein is your best friend; it is a common myth that eating a lot of protein will make you bulk up. In fact, meat proteins have been known to help weight loss and the production of lean muscle.
- Always remember that food is fuel. Restricting your calories/food intake too much can not only be harmful but it can also leave you lacking energy for physical activity.
- Bulk buy and prep your meals! Our 3 for €10 deals make it easy and cost effective to bulk buy and stock prepare healthy meals for the week.