There is nothing quite like the warmth of a Cottage Pie in the winter evenings. Take a look at our Cottage Pie Recipe and let us know if you give it a try.
There are many ways to make a cottage pie, but we feel the traditional way is the best. The Butcher’s Block Recipe is easy on the pocket and is very simple to make so it suits even the busiest of parents, students and workers.
1 x 600g Minced Beef from The Butcher’s Block
1.5kg white potatoes
1 x beef stock pot
1 x teaspoon mixed herbs
1 x dessert spoon tomato puree
2 x dessert spoons gravy granules
75g grated cheddar cheese
A little olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Cook the mince right through in a pot with some oil
- Peel and chop the carrots finely, add to the mince, add the Stock Pot, add the water, tomato puree and mixed herbs, bring to the boil, cover and cook gently for 25mins
- Preheat the oven to 180/350f/gas 4.
- While that’s cooking away peel the potatoes, cut into medium size chunks, cook in some salted water till tender, drain well, add the butter, milk and mash.
- Stir grated cheese into the potatoes
- Thicken the mince with the gravy granules.
- Put the mince into a casserole or lasagne dish and top off with the potatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins.
Join us on Facebook to let us know how you go on with our recipe.